As pet parents, we know – even when we’re at work, we worry about our cats! Are they happy? What are they doing? Did we crack the window enough this morning? Are they playing with their toys? Do they have enough food and water? Are they eating after the big move? We can’t help with all those questions, but our list will answer the final: Yes! Your kitty babies will always have plenty of food and water when you treat them to automatic cat food feeders and water dispensers. Also, check out krittersthattwitter.com.
We reviewed dozens of automatic cat feeders to identify the best of the best. From super-simple gravity feeders to tricked-out microchip-triggered and smart feeders, we scoured the web for the best products available for your beloved kitty.
WESTLINK 6L Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser
For perfectly portioned and superbly timed food dispensing, check out the WESTLINK Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser.
Throughout our research, we easily determined the WESTLINK 6L Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser to be the clear winner of our Top Pick. With a 6 liter capacity, your kitty will have plenty of mealtimes ready to go and the timer will keep those meals spaced perfectly.
Our Top Pick: WESTLINK Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser
The WESTLINK Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser has all the bells and whistles you could want for your kitty cat. You can even record your voice to call your cat when it’s supper time. So even if she missed the sound of her food hitting the bowl on its timer (you can program up to 4 meals daily), your voice will let her know it’s chow time.
This large, automatic cat feeder would keep even Garfield happy, thanks to large portions (from 10 grams up to 400+ grams) and up to 4 meals a day. Programming is simple and easy – just press two keys at the same time – and yet pet-proof, so even the smartest kitty can’t feed herself more than you’ve designated. A built-in infrared sensor prevents food blocking and also prevents dispensing when the bowl is already full. Also, check out the 6 most common cat problems illnesses.
With an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars and a price tag of under $90, this is a great buy and one you can purchase with confidence.
WESTLINK 6L Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser Key Features:
- Each meal dispenses 1-39 portions (portion size = 10-12 grams)
- Storage capacity of 6L
- Ultra-low power consumption via USB or D batteries
Our Runner-Up Pick: SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder
With the SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder, you can add to your smart-world by using the high-tech feeder that will only unlock its food when it identifies your cat’s microchip.
The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder is just about the most sci-fi feeder that you can purchase for your cat. In the world of high-tech automated cat feeders, there’s high-tech and then there’s this SureFeed microchip pet feeder! Compatible with all worldwide implanted microchips (and SureFlap RFID collar tags), this feeder dispenses food only to its designated microchip owner. Once the feeder identifies the programmed microchip, it will open revealing the food enclosed.
This feeder can store up to 32 microchip identifications so you’ll have plenty of space to store all your cats. It’s perfect for cats on prescription diets or weight-management programs and to keep those who are on a diet away from the foods of cats who are not. This will even work like a charm if your cat requires medications (or treats) dispensed throughout the day.
Amazon has over 600 customer reviews for this feeder awarding it a 4.5-star rating and with the quality and technology you’re getting, the $140 price tag seems more than fair.
- Built-in memory stores up to 32 microchips in memory
- Sealed lids prevent ants, flies, or other pests from getting into your cat’s food
- Perfect for multi-pet homes
Best Budget Pick: PetSafe Automatic Pet Feeder
The PetSafe Automatic Pet Feeder will give you all freedoms of an automatic feeder without the sometimes hefty price tag.
The PetSafe Automatic Pet Feeder is an excellent, economical option for your feline friends. It lets you schedule up to five meals a day (up to 1 cup each), served in BPA-free, dishwasher-safe food trays that ensure easy cleanup. The digital timer is easy to use, even for those who are less than tech-inclined, making automation easy (and your hungry cats, happy).
The meals are portioned in a wheel and revealed one portion at a time. But keep in mind that if you plan on using all 5 meals, you’ll have to start with one meal revealed immediately. So if you plan on leaving for an extended period, budget time and meals accordingly.
This feeder has earned an Amazon rating of 4.2 with over 2,300 customer reviews. That’s impressive enough on its own, but with a price tag of under $50, you can be sure to get a quality feeder without ruining your budget.
PetSafe Automatic Pet Feeder Key Features:
- 2 sizes: 2 meal, 5 meal
- Easy-to-use digital time takes the guesswork out of schedule feeding times and portions
- Requires 4 D-sized batteries (not included)
Best Timed Cat Feeder Pick: PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder
Forgiving your cat pre-portioned and perfectly timed foods, look no further than the PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder.
The PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder is a great option for a single cat or multiple; it can distribute 12 meals a day with portions anywhere from 1/8 a cup to 4 cups. The hopper holds 24 cups of food, so this could theoretically provide your cat with plenty of meals without you even lifting a finger.
If your cats need both dry and semi-wet food, then this feeder will deliver. You can set up to 12 meals per day, and the flexible dispenser can accommodate many sizes and shapes of dry and semi-moist food. We especially love the Slow-Feed mode, which dispenses your cat’s food over 15 minutes, to help prevent binging and its resulting bloat, indigestion, and vomiting (usually on your favorite carpet, right?).
You can purchase an adapter to plug this feeder in or maintain the four D batteries every time they need to be replaced. With all of these quality features, you will know you’re getting a very handy product. And with nearly 2,000 customer reviews and a 4.3-star rating on Amazon, you can be confident this feeder will satisfy your cat’s needs.
PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed Automatic Feeder Key Features:
- Program up to 12 meals a day
- Flexible portions of 1/8 to 4 cups
- Requires 4 D-sized alkaline batteries (not included); optional power supply sold separately
Best Gravity Cat Feeder Pick: Van Ness Medium Auto Feeder
The Van Ness Medium Auto Feeder will keep your cat in a steady supply of food without you lifting a finger.
The Van Ness Medium Auto Feeder will make sure your cat has a steady and consistent supply of food, making it a perfect feeder for a cat who can be trusted to self-regulate with her diet. You can fill the reserve with 6 pounds of dog food, so you can keep your kitty fed for a long time between refills. It would also be a great feeder for multiple cats, should you want to keep your litter happily full.
If you want the ease of an automatic cat feeder without the price tag, you can’t go wrong with this offering from Van Ness. It’s small, ideal for cats, and offers a removable lid for easy cleaning – features you want and appreciate, at a true can’t-be-beat price.
This gravity feeder has a very respectable 4.3 rating that will allow you to have a fair amount of confidence in your purchase and for just $13, it’s an absolute steal.
Van Ness Medium Auto Feeder Key Features:
- Three sizes available: Small, Medium, Large
- Removable lid for easy cleaning
- Ideally sized for cats and small dogs
Who Should Buy an Automatic Cat Feeder
Cats are an independent species if we’re wording it generously. (If we’re wording it less cordially, they just don’t need us to survive.) Unlike domesticated dogs, cats still have their hunting instincts from their more primal ancestors.
But if we keep them limited to a home where hunting isn’t an option, an automatic feeder can help them maintain some of their independence (and us some of ours, too.) The feeders can help you with their day-to-day feedings or if you’re going on a long weekend vacation – and everything in between. Just because you’re not great with a schedule doesn’t mean your cat’s diet can’t be.
Not only does automated feeding help keep your cats fed – or weight managed if that’s an issue – but ensuring they stick to optimal feeding schedules and water consumption, can help manage health issues and even prevent common urinary and kidney problems.
Important Features to Consider
An automatic cat feeder should do several things well. Here’s what to consider when selecting an automatic feeder for your cat:
- Timer. If your cat is used to eating at specific times, then you can offer her that same food whether you’re there or not. Most timers will offer at least three meals a day, but several offer more and in a variety of portion sizes. This is also a great feature to allow you to make sure your cat gets portions throughout the day so that she doesn’t overeat after not eating for too long. You will also get to make sure those portions are appropriate if your cat is on a diet to manage her weight.
- Voice recording. Your cat may be hesitant to eat while you’re gone; it’s a common occurrence when pet parents leave for days at a time. With an automatic feeder, you can make sure your cat has the food, but you can’t make sure she eats it. But with feeders that allow you to record your voice to play when it dispenses food, there’s a chance your cat will be comforted into eating. Or at the very least, she’s be comforted by your voice, either way.
- Batteries vs. corded. There are perks to both a cordless and a corded automatic feeder. If you have a cordless, you can put the automatic feeder anywhere without worrying about it being close to a plug or tripping over wires. But if you plan on taking a jaunt out of town, you risk getting faulty or weak batteries that die while you’re gone, leaving your kitty without her food.
- Gravity feeders. This is a very convenient and hands-off way to feed your cat (or cats) that you may be interested in for any number of reasons. You could have a lot of hungry cats that eat at different times, and in different quantities, or you could be going out of town and need a way to make sure your cat gets the food she requires while you’re not there. You will need to make sure with a gravity feeder that your cat can self-regulate her consumption. You don’t want your cat to hurt herself eating too much for the sake of your convenience.
- Works with wet cat foods. If you feed your cat wet food, you may not have as many options for automatic feeders, but you will have a few. If you give your cat semi-wet food, that may open your choices up a bit but chances are, you’ll need a feeder that will keep your cat’s food cool so it doesn’t spoil. Several feeders have ice packs along the bottom but you’ll still need to monitor it more closely to make sure the ice and food stay cool. (Pro-tip: refrigerate or freeze the food before opening it and it will take longer to spoil.)
- WiFi controls. Oh, wouldn’t it be nice to control your cat’s meals even when you’re away? With a WiFi-controlled automatic feeder, you can do just that. Log onto an app on your phone and control the amount your cat gets and when. The only downside to this is that so far, the tech is still developing and that means the connection isn’t always consistent.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an automatic cat feeder and how does it work?
An automatic cat feeder is any kind of cat feeder that, once set up, can give your cat food automatically and without direct action from you. There are a few types and each operates a little differently. You can purchase a flip lid feeder that will operate on a timer to reveal pre-portioned meals for her. With this type, you can often use it to distribute wet cat food, if cooled properly. Other timed feeders will operate on an electronic hopper that will portion out pre-programmed amounts at set times to make sure your cat is getting exactly how much she needs at the precise time she needs it.
The last type of automatic feeder operated on gravity. You can’t control portions, but you can make sure your cat has plenty of food while you’re away. As we’ve mentioned, though, you’ll have to be certain your cat can self-regulate and won’t hurt herself over-eating. This is not the type of feeder you want to get for a cat who struggles with her weight management.
How do gravity cat feeders work?
Gravity feeders use (obviously) gravity to automatically fill a bowl from a reserve container (or a hopper of sorts). Gravity will push the food through a hole that is smaller than the rest of the food container and will fill the bowl. Once the bowl is full, the food will stop falling through. As your cat eats the food in the bowl, gravity will aid in pushing more food through to take its place.
A gravity feeder uses no electronic devices and will require no maintenance other than occasionally washing and refilling as it empties. You can fill this type up and, depending on its size, not worry about your cat’s food again for upwards of two or more weeks. (Although the food may become stale, so a pickier cat may go on a hunger strike towards the end of his supply.)
Can I use canned cat food in an automatic cat feeder?
es – with several limitations. Your wet or canned cat food likely needs to be refrigerated after opening. (Check the label if you’re concerned, but expect it to give that instruction.) If you fail to do so, the food will spoil or develop mold and bacteria which can harm your cat. She could become very ill; vomiting and diarrhea. And that’s if she’ll eat it at all; cats are notoriously picky so there’s a good chance the food will just go to waste if it smells the slightest bit off.
Because of this, you’ll want to make sure your cat’s canned or wet food is kept cool in the automatic feeder. You can purchase the kind that has ice packs underneath it, or you can put the food itself in the freezer and allow the time between meals to be used as a time to thaw. You can even find a feeder that’s large enough to place your ice pack in the feeder with the food, keeping it cool, as well. You won’t be able to use a hopper-type feeder; the flip-lid styles are most likely to be the ones for you. So yes, there are ways to use automatic feeders for wet cat food, but you will need to make accommodations for it.
How much should a cat eat per day?
The specific amount your cat should be consuming daily can vary based on her size and breed. You can ask your vet to get a more individualized answer to how much she should be eating if you want a definitive answer to this question. However, as a rule, the average house cat is between 8-12 pounds and will require roughly 30 calories per pound. So you’re looking at approximately 240-360 calories a day.
Dry cat food contains about 300 calories per cup and wet cat food is about 250 calories per six-ounce can. If you split those calories up into three portions or meals daily, you’ll be feeding your 8-pound cat about a third a cup of dry food and two ounces of wet food.
Other Automatic Cat Feeders, We Reviewed
We looked at 45 other automatic feeders for cats. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best automatic cat feeders list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for your cat. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing. We’ve split them into the following categories for your convenience:
- Electronic Automatic Cat Feeders
- Gravity Automatic Cat Feeders
- Automatic Cat Feeders for Wet Cat Food
- Automatic Cat Waterers
Electronic Automatic Cat Feeders
Abdtech Automatic Wifi Smart Pet Feeder
We’re back with another tech-friendly smart dispenser, which connects your automatic cat feeder to your smartphone, so you can set, manage, and review your settings, anywhere and anytime. Personalize and automate your kitty’s meal schedule, and dispense up to 0.2-3.5 ounces per meal, up to 4 times a day. Note that WiFi connectivity works only on a 2.4 GHz network.
- 2 colors: Black, White
- 1.2-gallon food storage hopper keeps your cat’s food fresh
- Battery backup keeps your feeder working, even if the power goes out
Arf Pets Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser for Dogs & Cats
Arf Pets brings us this automatic cat feeder, which you can program to dispense 1-10 portions (1 portion = 24 mL) per meal – exactly the amount your cat needs, whether he’s a calorie-consuming kitten or a sedentary senior. You can set up to four daily distribution alarms – just set your preferred portion size and time – and you can also record a message to call your kitty to his scheduled meal.
- Suitable only for dry food
- Power supply via outlet or 3 D-sized batteries (not included)
- Magnetic lock lid keeps kitty out of stored food
Aspen Pet Lebistro Programmable Food Dispenser
The Aspen Pet Lebistro is an innovative cat feeder for busy pet parents. A twist-lock grants access to the storage compartment, which keeps food fresh (and safe from prying paws), and the large LCD makes programming meals and portions simple. We love that the bowl is top-shelf dishwasher safe – never scrub a pet bowl again! – and that the system’s long-lasting battery operation ensures that your cats never miss a mealtime, even during a power outage.
- 2 sizes: 18 cups, 30 cups
- Up to 3 meals per 24 hours, with programmable servings from 1/4 to 3 cups
- Locking bowl and stand assures stability and helps prevent spills
Homdox Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser
Built just for cats, the Homdox lets you program up to four meals a day – perfect for cats with diabetes, kidney problems, and other health conditions. We like the non-skid material, which ensures that the device won’t be knocked over by your pet.
- Include a built-in voice recorder and speaker
- Moisture-proof food hopper stores up to 2.5 lbs. of dry food
- Requires 3 D batteries or power adapter
Netgear Food Station with Voice Record and LCD Display
This automatic cat feeder from Netgear offers some of the most must-have features at a great price. A large food hopper holds up to 7 lb. of your cat’s favorite dry food, in a safe ABS plastic container. You use the LCD screen to set mealtime and record a personalized voice message, which you can use to just say hi or to call your kitty to mealtime. The pet-proof storage lock is the cherry on top of this great feeder.
- Food hopper stores up to 5.5 liters/7 lbs. of dry food
- ABS plastic materials are not only durable but safe for your beloved four-legged friends
- The LCD screen makes for easy operation
eTTg Automatic Food Dispenser With Voice Recorder and Programmable Timer
This well-sized cat feeder offers a large, 10.6-liter storage capacity, with 1-5 meals today of 1-12 portions each. The large LCD panel is easy to read, making it simple to set your settings; you can also control the system via RC mode. We like the intelligent voice recorder, which plays your 8-second message up to 3 times to call your cats to mealtime.
- Auto-timed, quantitative feeding makes sure your cats are never overfed
- 1-5 daily meals of 1-12 portions each (1 portion = 25g)
- Converted voltage to 9V, safe for both humans and pets
Frutiger Automatic Pet Feeder with Electronic Control and LCD Display
Your cats will never skip a meal, thanks to this robust little feeder. The receptacle holds a whopping 5.5 liters of dry food – refill only every few weeks! – and the LCD screen makes it easy to dispense the food, whenever you prefer and in the quantities your cat needs. A personalized voice message calls kitty to his meal, and a meal tracker tells you how many meals he’s already consumed.
- Food storage hopper made from safe and durable ABD plastic
- Storage hopper holds up to 5.5 liters of dry food
- A pet-proof lock prevents your kitties from breaking into food stores
GearPet Automatic Programmable Pet Feeder with Voice Recorder
The gearset automatic cat feeder proves that feeding time doesn’t have to be hard (or super high-tech). Offering flexible controls of up to 12 meals a day, with your choice of portion sizes, not to mention an anti-clog dispenser, this feeder offers the features you want without all the add-ons you don’t need. The simple-set system requires just two choices: feeding times and quantity. It’s one and done, and your cats are still happy.
- Easy-to-clean, with dishwasher-safe removable bowls
- Squeeze-lock lid keeps stored dry food safe for days and prevents off-plan snacking
- Easy to program with the digital timer: just select quantity and feeding time, and you’re done
Great 5.5L Automatic Pet Feeder with Digital Display
When you want to do more than just feed your cat, there’s the Great automatic cat feeder. This well-equipped dispenser holds up to 5.5 liters of your cat’s favorite dry food and allows you to set meal time via a simple LCD panel. You’ll also appreciate the sleek aesthetics, which guarantee the feeder looks good in any space.
- Easy-to-operate LCD panel to set your feeder preferences
- Integrated food storage hopper holds up to 5.5 liters of dry food
- Calculates the total number of meals already served, so you can track your cat’s meals
HoneyGuaridan A26 Automatic Pet Feeder with Voice Recorder and Programmable Timer
HoneyGuaridan is back, this time with the A26 automatic cat feeder: an easily programmable dispenser that feeds your cats up to six scheduled meals per day, with extremely flexible portions. It has a built-in voice recorder and speaker, so you can leave 12-second messages for your feline friends, as well as infrared detection to prevent food jams. We appreciate that this adaptable system can handle varying food sizes and shapes (up to 0.39” x 0.39”).
- Flexible meal portions of 1/32 to 4 cups per meal
- Food storage hopper holds up to 3.3 lbs. of dry food
- Low-power consumption and dual power options via power adapter or D batteries (not included)
HoneyGuaridan A25 Automatic Pet Feeder with Voice Recorder and Programmable Timer
This reliable, automatic cat feeder dispenses very flexible meal portions of 1/32 cup to 4 cups per meal – perfect for any cat family, no matter how many feline friends make their home with you! The twist-lock lid will protect kibble from even the trickiest little kitties, and the storage area holds up to 12 cups of food. The built-in voice recorder and speaker are a great touch, allowing you to record up to 12-second messages.
- Infrared detection prevents food locking, so your cats never go hungry
- Ultra-low power consumption and battery life of 6+ months; D batteries (not included)
- 18-month warranty
HoneyGuaridan S25 Smart Automatic Programmable Pet Feeder
If there’s a tech-lover in your life, you’re going to love this offering from HoneyGuaridan: the S25 automatic, programmable and smart cat feeder, which you can control via a smartphone app. All you’ll need is a compatible smartphone and a WiFi connection, and you’ll be able to manage your feeder, set your feeding plan, and manage your pet’s needs. We appreciate that it’s not all gimmicks, though: this feeder uses high-quality materials, like BPA-free, food-grade bowls, and a 12-pound storage hopper.
- For smart connectivity, you’ll need a compatible smartphone (Apple iOS 9.0+ / Android OS 4.0+) and a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi connection
- Customized portions (1/40 to 3/5 cups) and timing
- 18-month limited warranty
isYoung Automatic Pet Feeder with LCD Screen and Voice Recording
This automatic cat feeder from young offers an LCD screen, which makes it easy to program your cat’s meals (up to three a day) and meal portions (up to three cups each). You can store food in the attached food hopper, and record a personalized greeting to call your kitties to mealtime. We appreciate that it works with food up to 15cm in diameter – more than enough to handle most commercial dry cat foods.
- Food hopper stores up to 5.5 liters of dry cat food
- Program up to three meals a day, of 1 to 3 cups each
- Batteries (not included) last up to 6 months
Homdox 5.5 Liter Automatic Pet Feeder
The Homdox automatic cat feeder is perfect for scheduling up to three meals a day, each from 1 cup to 12 cups. We like that you can store up to 5.5 liters of cat food – enough supply for weeks or months – and that you can also record a 10-second voice message to call your cats to each of their three daily feeds.
- Transparent food hopper stores up to 5.5 liters of dry food
- Durable ABS materials for pet health
- Battery capacity displayed on the LCD – never run out of battery, and leave Fluffy without a meal
Auto Automatic Pet Feeder
This automatic pet feeder offers robust options, but there are only three buttons for easy operation. Program up to three meals a day, of 1/16 cup to 1 cup portions, and keep your stores in the 1.6-pound dispenser tank. We like that you can also enable manual feeding mode at any time, so you can give your cats an extra treat outside their regular schedule. And we love that the lockable cover prevents feline mischief, which we all know is wont to happen.
- 3 colors: Orange, Red, Yellow
- All components are easily removable and washable
- Portion control of 1/16 cup to a maximum of 1 cup
PetCul Automatic Pet Feeder Food Dispenser
The PetCul automatic cat feeder lets you keep busy without the guilt: Fluffy will always be fed, thanks to customizable portions and up to four meal times per day. The food storage receptacle holds up to three pounds of food, and a personal voice message of up to 10 seconds, which you record, calls your pet to mealtime. Built-in infrared detection prevents food locking, so your cats will never miss a meal.
- 2 sizes: 1L and 7L
- Customize portion sizes, from 1 to 39 portions
- Requires power (via adapter) or 3 D-sized batteries (not included)
Pet Feedster PF-10 PLUS CAT – Automated Pet Feeder
Say hello to bells and whistles with the Pet Feedster, one of the most well-equipped and beloved automatic cat feeders out there. This robust system allows you to set up to 8 meals a day, serving as little as 1 teaspoon and up to 6 cups of your cat’s favorite foods (1/8” to 3/4″) in an ant-proof container. There’s a ton here to love, like the dishwasher-safe bowl and meal confirmation display that shows what meals have already been served, and we appreciate the peace of mind the battery backup affords.
- Program up to 8 meals a day, with storage up to 10 lbs. of food
- Pause programming, without rebooting your settings
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
PETFLY Automatic Feeder with Electric Pet Food Dispenser
This automated cat feeder from Petfly offers simple programming (via an LCD) to serve Fluffy up to three meals per day. We like the built-in voice recorder and speaker, which will call your cats up to three times, and love the electronic portion control, which ensures that indoor kitties get only the calories they need.
- Up to 3 meals per day, or 1 to 12 cups each
- Requires 3 D-size alkaline batteries (not included)
- Transparent food storage hopper holds up to 5 liters of food
PETFLY Remote Control Rechargeable + Automatic Feeder
This Petfly automatic cat feeder offers your standard automated settings, including up to 5 scheduled meals a day, of 1-12 portions each (1 portion = 25g). The transparent storage hopper holds up to 10.5 liters of dry food, and the built-in voice recorder stores messages to call your pets to mealtime. What’s more, this feeder also works with the included remote control, so you can dispense food outside of programmed feeding times.
- The durable, LCD control panel offers convenient programming
- Dual power-supply mode with battery backup and rechargeable model
- Support remote control, to feed your pet with just the press of a button
PetSafe Smart Feed Smartphone-Enabled Automatic Dog and Cat Feeder
PetSafe hits our list (again) with this smart pet feeder, which connects your kitties (well, their diets, at least!) to your smartphone. We’ll jump right in with one of our favorite features: the super flexible schedule, which allows you to dispense up to 12 daily meals of 1/8 cup to 4 cups each: feed your kitties, offer up treats, or even dispense meds when they’re needed. And of course, there’s the smartphone programming (iOS 9+ and Android 5.0+), for ultimate control and anywhere access.
- Pet-proof dispenser prevents cats from sneaking extra meals
- Slow Feed option dispenses food over 15 minutes, to prevent indigestion and vomiting
- Included power adapter, with optional battery backup so your pets never go without their meals
WOpet Automatic SmartFeeder for Dogs and Cats
If you want to go high-tech with your kitty’s meals, then this automatic feeder from WOpet deserves a long, hard look. In addition to app controls, this fancy feeder uses a real-time camera (connected via WiFi) that allows you to look in on your cats, anytime and from anywhere. Even better, if your network goes down, your feeder won’t: the offline feeding mode will kick in immediately, and Fluffy will get her meal.
- Requires a 2.4 GHz WiFi network, with iOS 7.5+ or Android 4.0+
- Serve up to 4 meals a day, of 1-10 portions each (1 portion = 10-100 grams)
- Collapsible feeding bowls and storage containers are easy to clean
Gravity Automatic Cat Feeders
Bergan Gourmet Petit Combo Pet Feeder + Waterer
The Gourmet Petit Combo from Bergan is the perfect automatic cat feeder and waterer, offering a just-right-sized dual dry food feeder and water dispenser. The gravity operation ensures you’ll never need electricity or batteries, and also promises that your cats will never go without kibble or freshwater. Larger sizes are available for multi-cat households.
- Other sizes available: Elite Feeder (13 lbs.), Elite Waterer (3 gallons)
- 1.5-gallon BPA-free waterer and 6-lb. capacity dry food feeder
- Made in the USA
Bentwood Gravity-Operated Replenish Waterer + Feeder
This gravity-fed waterer and cat feeder duo from Betwoo ensures that your kitties have fresh food and water, whether you’re at the office for the day or the cabin for a weekend. It’s very simple to use: just open the top, pour the cat food in, and let it do its thing. Wash only with warm or cold water (no hot water).
- 2 sizes: 0.92 gallons, 2.9 gallons
- Environmentally safe, non-toxic plastic for pet health
- No electricity or batteries required
Flexzion Pet Feeder & Food Dispenser Station
This automatic cat feeder from Flexzion offers a gravity-fed food storage system and dispenser. Hold up to 6 pounds of food, and feed your pets on demand, as their bowls empty. Instead of PVC bottles, this feeder also employs environmentally-friendly PET plastic. And, while this is a gravity-fed feeder, we also love that it offers different options for single or multiple pet households, to ensure everyone gets fed (but hopefully doesn’t overeat).
- 2 sizes: 4-6 lb., 6-12 lb.
- Food storage capacity of 4-6 pounds (depends on kibble size)
- The dishwasher-safe base for easy cleaning
GraviPet Automatic Dispenser for Dogs & Cats
Never again worry about whether your cats are fed, even if you have to stay late at the office. This automatic feeder from GraviPet uses gravity to provide your cats with a steady stream of food, served in an eco-friendly, antimicrobial base. We appreciate the 8.3-pound storage capacity, so you can fill and forget for weeks or months, and love how easy to clean the dishwasher-safe components are.
- Non-toxic and eco-friendly PP material
- Extra capacity fits up to 8.3 pounds of food
- Durable material lasts for years
AmazonBasics Self-Dispensing Gravity Pet Feeder and Waterer
This dual cat feeder and water fountain provide on-demand (no set portions) fresh food and drink, always and every day. It can be used inside or outside, and at over a foot tall, holds plenty of dry food to keep your kitties well fed. We love that no electricity or battery supply is needed, thanks to nature’s power source: gravity.
- Environmentally safe, non-toxic plastic for cat health
- Gravity system does not require batteries
- Easy-clean with warm or cold water
OUTAD 5.5L Automatic Pet Feeder with Voice Message Recording and LCD Screen
This sleek, automatic cat feeder offers an easy-to-read LCD panel that displays the current time, meals you’ve programmed (up to 3 meals per day), meal sizes (from 1.4 to 3 cups of dry food), and meals already served. You’ll love being able to record your voice, which will play to call kitty for mealtime. We also appreciate that the attached storage hopper holds up to 5.5 liters of food, so you don’t need to refill every day (or even every week).
- 3 colors: Black, Blue, White
- Batteries (not included) last up to 6+ months
- Impact- and heat-resistant ABS plastic materials
Petmate Pet Cafe Feeder
Petmate’s Pet Café Feeder is a gravity feeder that auto-replenishes your cat’s food bowl, whenever it gets low. The built-in food storage hopper has an extra-wide mouth (for simple refill and cleaning), and the easy-grab cutout handles make for easy maneuverability. We appreciate the use of environmentally sustainable PET bottles, vs. the standard PVC bottles you see in many feeders.
- 3 colors: Pearl Tan, Pearl Waterfall, Pearl White
- Environmentally sustainable PET bottles
- Made in the USA
PetSafe Dog and Cat Food Station with Stainless Steel Bowl
We love hard workers, which means we love this dual food-and-water station from PetSafe. On one side: a gravity-fed food system, which offers a sanitary, stainless steel bowl; on the other side, a water station, so your cats can take a sip between bites. We love that the whole system is super simple to clean and that the modern style easily finds a home in your home.
- 2 sizes: Small (2 lbs.), Medium (4 lbs.)
- Easy-to-clean system disassembles; stainless steel bowl is dishwasher safe
- Made in the USA
SUNLIGHTAM Automatic Pet Feeder
This automatic cat feeder is a great deal, crafted from environmentally friendly, pet-safe PP plastic and storing cat-appropriate 3.5 liters of dry food. We appreciate that it’s super easy to use and clean and that the feeder will automatically rotate food and water to your pets, on-demand when they need it.
- 4 colors: Blue, Green, Orange, Pink
- Environmentally friendly, non-toxic PP plastic
- Food hopper stores up to 3.5 liters
Van Ness AF3 3-Pound Auto Feeder
This super-economical automatic feeder is about as simple (in a good way) as pet feeders get. It holds up to three pounds of food and uses gravity to dispense food on-demand. It’s simple, it doesn’t require power or batteries, and it works. It may just be the best $8 you’ve spent this month.
- Dishwasher safe
- Lid removes easily for simple cleaning
- USDA food contact-approved
wangstar Double Pet Bowls with Automatic Water Bottle
If you have two-in-one preferences, give this dual food bowl and water bottle a shot. Its ultra-low price tag means there aren’t any bells and whistles – the food bowl isn’t even automated – but for everyday use, while you’re at the office, this duo will do the job. Busy pet parents will appreciate that the water bottle and stainless steel food bowl are both easy to clean in minutes.
- Automatic water dispenser comprised of non-toxic, food-grade silicone
- Vacuum non-skid suction cups prevent sliding, movement, and other unwanted wiggles
- The stainless steel food bowl is dishwasher safe
Automatic Cat Feeders for Wet Cat Food
Petwant Jempet Automatic Pet Feeder for Dogs & Cats
Whether you’re going away for an overnight or simply staying late at the office, this automatic cat feeder keeps your kitty well fed, at the times and with the quantity of food you desire. Your 10-second personal voice message calls your cats to mealtime, which can consist of dry or wet food. We love the dual-power system, which not only lets you choose between a power adapter or batteries but also adds a battery backup to a power supply: your cats will eat, even when there’s no power!
- 4 meals settings: 4 meals in 1 day, or 1 meal a day for 4 days
- 5 x 240mL meal compartments hold both dry and wet food
- Dual power system works with a power adapter or batteries
Feed and Go Smart Pet Feeder with Built-In Webcam
This smart feeder climbs onto our list, thanks to great features and even better reviews. The Feed and Go automatic cat feeder not only offers a connected app (for iOS and Android devices) but also a webcam so you can check in on your furry friends, anytime and no matter where you are in the world. Oh, and did we mention? It’s the only smart feeder on the market to offer both wet and dry food options!
- 6 compartments, each up to 8 oz. cup size for wet/dry food, meds, or treats
- Access the built-in webcam from iOS, Android, or Windows
- Connects by WiFi but also operates on an offline schedule, for when your network goes down
Genet Automatic Pet Feeder for Cats and Dogs
This automatic cat feeder from Gempet features a highly customizable feeding schedule, via 5 individual feeding compartments that hold up to 24mL of dry or semi-wet food (total capacity of 1.2L). Voice message capacity allows you to record a message up to 10 seconds, to call your kitty to her daily meal, offering comfort and consistency from afar.
- Colors: Black, Black & White
- Two power supplies, via adapter or batteries
- Save electricity/battery power via automatic standby mode
Pawise Automatic Pet Feeder 2-Meal Food Dispenser
This automatic cat feeder from Pawise employs a handy ice pack to keep your cat’s favorite foods fresh and sanitary until she’s ready to eat them. The function is simple, via a 48-hour countdown timer that controls the release of two meals within 48 hours. It’s battery-powered, so you don’t need to worry about carving out a feeding spot close to a power supply.
- The countdown timer allows for up to 2 meals within 48 hours
- Dishwasher-safe food tray for ease and convenience
- Money-back guarantee
Petlucky Automatic Pet Feeder with Voice Reminding
This automatic cat feeder from Petlucky offers the features you want: pet parent-defined 24-hour settings, with five separate food trays that house both dry and semi-wet food. The feeder will enter automatic standby mode if there’s no operation for 25 seconds, helping save power and batteries. And speaking of, you’ll love the peace of mind of the low-battery indicator, which helps avoid missed kitty meals (and infuriated kitties).
- Suitable for dry or wet food (do not store wet food for more than 24 hours)
- Programmable up to 5 meals per day
- Memory function stores settings, so your cats get fed even during a power failure
PYRUS Automatic Pet Feeder with Separate Compartments
The PYRUS automatic cat feeder offers separate compartments for total customization: 6 food trays to hold anything from standard dry food to packaged moist food, to wet food. What’s more, this feeder allows you to customize feeding times for each, to keep your cat on a schedule, even if he needs special foods at specific times. The built-in voice recorder stores up to a 10-second voice message.
- 2 colors: Blue, Yellow
- LCD control panel with clock and low-power warning
- 4 C-sized alkaline batteries required (not included)
Qpets Automatic Pet Feeder
This automatic pet feeder from Qpets offers six separate storage compartments, so you can prepare up to 6 dry, semi-wet, or wet food meals for your cats, to be dispensed over 24 hours. The easy-read LCD makes programming easy, thanks to the built-in clock and custom scheduling, and the built-in lock guarantees your cats don’t break into meals before their scheduled time.
- Compatible with dry, packaged moist, and wet food
- Easy-to-read LCD
- Six separate food trays, to schedule six meals in 24 hours
TD Design Automatic Pet Feeder
This slick cat feeder automatically dispenses food for Fluffy – up to five times a day, with 24-hour feeding time settings. Five separate food trays keep all your cat’s favorite foods clean and sanitary and hold both dry kibble and wet cat food. We love that both the cover and food tray are dishwasher safe, making for easy cleaning.
- Programmable up to 5 meals per day, with up to 4 daily distribution alarms
- Secure latching keeps food secure until feeding time
- Power via a DC adapter or 4 C-sized batteries (not included)
WOpet Automatic Pet Feeder 2-Meal with Ice Pack
Similar to other options on our list, this WOpet automatic cat feeder with an ice pack has one big difference: it holds two wet-food meals, keeping your picky kitty’s favorite food fresh and clean until she’s ready to eat it. We love how easy it is to use – just fill it and forget it, every two days – and that it uses a simple countdown dial to schedule your cat’s meals.
- Easy-to-program countdown timer to schedule meals
- Schedule up to 2 meals within 48 hours
- Ice pack keeps food fresh and hygienic for up to two days
WOpet Automatic Pet Feeder with Ice Pack
This WOpet automatic cat feeder offers a different take on automated mealtimes: wet food kept on ice for up to 48 hours, and dispensed once during that time. (Dry food may also be used in the feeder, no ice pack required.) Note that the timer is a countdown timer, so instead of setting a time for dispersal, you’ll simply set mealtime for a certain number of hours (ex. 12 hours from setting the timer). This feeder is ideal when paired with a dry food automatic feeder.
- 4 colors: Black, Blue, Orange, Pink
- Set up to 1 meal within 48 hours
- Requires 1 AA battery (not included)
Automatic Cat Waterers
Treat your cats to a touch of whimsy, with the Catit Flower Fountain. Unsurprisingly, it looks like a flower, but it’s much more functional than its outdoor counterpart: With up to three different water flow settings that Fluffy can’t resist, this fountain keeps water flowing to inhibit bacteria growth and employs a triple-action filter to remove magnesium and calcium from tap water – two culprits in the lower urinary tract infections so common to housecats.
- 3-liter recirculating system with 3 different flow settings
- Dual-action water filter and water softener
- Takes up little floor space
Petmate Replendish Gravity Waterer w/ Microban
Your feline family members do not live on food alone; they need fresh water, too! So, when you don’t want to mess with batteries, turn to the Petmate Replendish waterer with Microban, a type of antimicrobial protection that prevents kitty’s water from filling up with damaging microbes, odor-causing bacteria, or unsightly stains. The PET plastic is safe for cats, and the base is dishwasher-safe.
- 4 sizes: 0.5 gallons, 1 gallon, 2.5 gallons, 4 gallon
- 5 colors: Pearl Blue, Pearl Lady Pink, Pearl Peacock Blue, Pearl White, Mason Silver
- Made in the USA
PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain
We’re back with another automatic pet fountain, this time the top-rated PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum. This fancy fountain helps your pet get the right daily water intake, thus helping prevent common urinary or kidney infections. We love that the built-in reservoir increases total capacity and that the constant circulation (via a quiet pump!) helps inhibit bacterial growth between cleanings (in the dishwasher, hurray!).
- 168-ounce water capacity is perfect for single- or multi-cat households
- Cats love the free-falling water stream
- BPA-free plastic is top-shelf dishwasher safe